ok, so my happy news is...
I'm going to be the assistant manager of Gallery 51!
I can hardly believe it. wow, this is what I want to do for my career! I was dumbfounded when I was offered the position. It sounds too good to be true! I'm waiting for them to change their minds and say, "oh, nevermind, just kidding." so. instead of being an intern (again), I'm going to be an assistant manager. I can't wait.
Also. Something else. I'm going to Scotland.
how, you ask? well, a grant to my college is funding 8 students to go for a week in August to the Edinburgh International and Edinburgh Fringe festival, for arts management. I applied, thinking it would be a longshot. But....!
I can't believe how great things are right now. I'm not used to this.
cept one thing. I have a bad ear infection. how the heck did I get that?? It hurts, and the antibiotics haven't kicked in yet. I got pain medicine, but last night they made me so sick I had to leave work. oh well. not taking anymore today. gah.
Also, I have a dilemma that was just presented to me. One of my professors (and my new boss) wants to me to leave my day job (where I make my money, doing email) for another gallery, in addition to G51. Problem is, MONEY! and, I don't want to cut ties with my job, it's a really good gig. And, I have absolutely NO IDEA what's going on at my other gallery, where I've been working for over a year. It closed for the winter, and now the owner's away. He's also reallllly hard to get a hold of. I don't want to leave, I love the gallery and the owner and I'm not going to just ditch them for a new gig. but the million-dollar question is: day job or new gallery? I don't know what to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey, cool! I performed at the Fringe Festival! Fall 2001. How cool for you! You will love it!
Congrats on the job, that's great news!
Post a Comment