Thursday, April 03, 2008

gahhh

so... lots of stuff to say.... don't know where to begin. Do you know that the word begin has the same exact letters as being?? I just discovered it.

I found out some very disappointing news a few days after I got back from Italy. I applied for an internship, and was quite confident I would get it. Everyone I knew, was too. well, I didn't get it. They said that there were just too many applicants. I was shocked and dumbfounded. I don't mean to sound cocky, but I was perfect for this position and had all the credentials. Well, a few days later, I found out something else.... one of the people I asked to write me a recommendation never did. Again, I was shocked and dumbfounded... this person is someone I trusted, who was always on top of things and respected in the community. I asked what happened, and they said that they "just forgot." What??? seriously?? If you are too busy, I wish you would have just said No and I could have asked someone else. If there too many applicants, I could have stood out with this particular recommendation. Instead, the lack of one essentially took me out of the running. The internship ended up going to a girl I know that has not done even half the things I have.

I am not angry, I am just sad. I am let down. I don't mean to say that this is the only reason I didn't get it, because I just don't know. But it makes complete sense.

However, there is another opportunity that has come up. I don't want to say too much about it because nothing has been decided yet. But, I wouldn't have been able to try for this if I had gotten the internship. I hope this is why.


I am sooo happy spring is finally upon us.

No comments: