Tuesday, July 03, 2007

the smashing pumpkins

I just saw the video for the new Smashing Pumpkins single.
it was wretched.

I heard the single a few months ago
and it sounded like generic SP nothingness,
with Billy Corgan wailing on top of it.
ok, that's fine, whatever.... but the video completely killed
whatever indifference I had felt about it.
Now I hate it.

First of all, it's not the real Smashing Pumpkins anymore.
they broke up years ago.
It's just Billy, James and 2 random-ass people he picked up
off the street to fill in the empty spaces.

SP hasn't had a real hit in 10 years,
so stop trying.
Everyone is either shaking their heads in pity
or laughing at you.
Your music sucks, it's not the same.

Now, if you managed to get all 4 original band members
back together, that would be something.
But, that will probably never happen, so.... stop.

This whole thing is a waste.

No comments: