so.... update... I've been neglecting this lately. Shameful.
What has been going on lately? A lot of the same.
Last night was the Book Reading/Book Signing at Kolok Gallery for Joe Olshan and Susan Quinn, both of whom had books published on the same day, and are both friends of the gallery. We had a good turn out and many books sold. I really want to read their books soon. After that I was exhausted from working all day but I went to my friend's house to have dinner and chill out. ... side note, Pineapple Express is really a great movie.
The night before there was a birthday party for my friend Dan, first at the lake for several hours, then we retreated back to the mills til well into the middle of the night. Interesting happenings went on for sure.
Started another piece, intended for submission for a juried show, but I'm not sure that I like the way it's turning out. Might have to start over, but I need more supplies and surprise, surprise, I'm just about broke again.
Ummm... OH yeah, for those of you who don't know, I got a teaching (English) job in Florence, Italy. I'll go in January, for at least a year, if not indefinitely. I feel as though I'm going back where I belong. (PS- thank you to all 14 of you who voted in my poll! :) ).
Also I was asked to join the Berkshire Artists' Colony board, which I have. I will also have my work shown their gallery this month. Will be sure to post pictures soon. so... hooray for art, it is one of the most amazing forces on this earth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment