I always feel like writing, then I get here and have nothing to say. I get really good ideas, too, and then they vanish. All I can think of right now is that I'm hungry but still probably won't cook myself any dinner.Well, the other day I went to look at kittens with my friend Carri, who's getting one. I almost died I was so happy, because baby kittens are truly a joy. Meet Violet.
Other than that, not much has been going on. Life is boring still, and I have to take it day by day so I don't go crazy here. I've been listening to a lot of This American Life radio shows online lately, while at work. This is a gem of a program. There are so many stories about people's lives - the unusual, the sad, the quirky, the good, love stories, etc...... it's fascinating. I recommend this to anyone - let me know if you listen to it too!
Went out for a friends' birthday last night. Hadn't seen her in over a year and it was good to catch up... though we both have so many stories from our various travels over the months and weeks, we aren't up to date yet! It was good, really good. The photo below of the headstone "Rose" is from our walk. The epitaph was beautiful... "That which is Seen is Temporary. That which is Unseen is Eternal." We wrote this on a piece of paper and put it into a bottle, which was then thrown into the lake.
Speaking of adventures, and in this case by "adventure" I mean relationship drama, I got a note. My drawing was received and things are a little more resolved. I can't believe it. But I am happy and relieved and ask me about it if you know of what I'm referring to. A weight has been lifted..... Just...... well, good.
In Art News, my work is going to hang in the BAC Gallery on Eagle Street soon. The opening is July 30.



No comments:
Post a Comment