It ultimately ended up well, which was surprise.
We went to my mom's friends', the Smith family in Vermont who owns The Trail's End Inn .
I initially wasn't thrilled about it bc I didn't really know them and I got into a really big fight with my mom on the way up.
By the time we finally got there, I was so upset I had absolutely no appetite.
but I ate something anyway, bc it would have been rude not to and my mom would just have something else in her arsenal.
The dinner was really good, I wished I could have enjoyed it more.
Anyway, after dinner we got a tour of the Inn.
It's so beautiful and I loved all the wallpapers and beds.
We ended up in the Spa room, where my mom started talking about my back & neck injuries bc the guy who runs the spa,
is retired doctor who specializes in alternative medicine.
He asked me about where I hurt and I just started crying,
bc it is a really sensitive subject.
Plus I was still mad & upset about the fight on the way over.
I was soooo humiliated.
I'm not really a cryer,
and I won't cry in front of most people.
My mom didn't even hug me or anything. She just went on talking.
Well anyway, I was convinced into trying the stuff they do at the Spa,
which is Environmental and Lifestyle Detoxification.
He told us stories & stories of how it cured cancer and heart transplant patients.
So I was like, Why Not? I've done everything else.
But I was hesitant bc it was Thanksgiving, and I didn't want them to work.
What is it? well it's a series of things that stimulate cells to liberate waste products and absorb nutrition.
I laid down on a magnetic bed, and cold laser and infrared lights were placed over areas like my neck and back.

It doesn't hurt, you will just eventually feel warmth in your body.
It breaks up toxins & free radicals in your blood or something, which is what causes pain and unwellness.
Then I sat in a chair and had an ionizing foot bath,
which pulls the waste produce out of your body and into the water by osmosis.
You sit for 30 minutes in the bath.
Within minutes of the machine turning on, the water will start to turn red, then brown, and sometimes black.
Mine turned black.
It was all the toxins coming out!
I really did feel much better. And calmer.
It was surprising.
a lot of people do not want to do this.
I don't know why, other than they are scared. None of it hurts, or is invasive.
It's really relaxing!
There is also a special sauna that detoxes you.
I didn't go in bc I was fully dressed and didn't have shorts or a bathing suit.
Next time I will. I've never been in one.
Anyway. So I feel better.
Even if you don't stay at the Inn you can make an appointment to do it.
The Inn is pretty far up there in Vermont, like 30 mins away,
but it's not that bad in good weather.
Oh I saw Across the Universe.
It was pretty good.

1 comment:
I'm glad you were able to have a somewhat enjoyable Thanksgiving. That spa sounds amazing. Too bad Vermont is so far away from me!
Post a Comment