I listen to music all day long at work, and often put my ipod on shuffle if I'm sick of the current playlist I've put together. As always, you tend to skip a lot of songs that come up (sometimes I will skip 90% of what I have).... reasons for this vary from sick of that song to not right now, or for me, I can't bear to listen to that right now ... reason for that being is that since I make so many playlists, you come to associate certain songs with certain times in your life, certain experiences or (worst case scenario) certain people. Sometimes I listen to a song because of that, too, being in an nostalgic mood. Here's a sampling of what almost always gets skipped, thanks to a few men in my life (don't worry, I won't go through the entire laundry list)
TW - 4 U by Korn... or any Korn song off of their Issues album.
Leader of Men by Nickelback
AW - Runaway by Something Corporate
Tiny Vessels by Death Cab for Cutie
DC - Self-Esteem by the Offspring
VB - Erase/Rewind by the Cardigans
Comfort You by Eskimo Joe
The ones "in memory" of AW & VB always get skipped. Just hurts too much and I can't stand it. One time, I made AW a playlist of songs that made me think of him/our songs, and I made a booklet to go with- lyrics to allll the songs. It was one of my christmas presents to him, so that's why I put more work into it, but I wonder if he thought I was crazy! I wish I still had it... I wonder if he does... Self-Esteem always makes me laugh... then feel bad, because I'm that girl in that song and he (DC) is the guy.
The song for right now is Meet Me at My Window by Jack's Mannequin. The fate of how many times this song will be played or skipped has yet to be determined!

No comments:
Post a Comment