maybe I should get that tattooed on me. actually not. but really.
so... spring break. Being a poor girl, I wasnàt able to go to Greece or Spain or wherever. So, I went to Rome (Roma). I museum-hopped my heart out.
I guess the easiest way is to make a list (I am a list-lover).
Sunday: stayed in Firenze.
--Tried to go to the Pitti Palace but it was like €12.50, which is like $17 or something. Next.
--Chiesa di San Marco to see the Fra Angelico frescoes. LOVED it. Thereàs just something about seeing something youàve only read about for years.
Monday: Nothing. Tried to get in the Bargello but, as that place used to be a police barrack or something, I couldnàt figure out the entrance. Forget what else I did that day.
Tuesday: Firenze.
-- Chiesa Santa Maria Novella.
--Museo di Duomo. Saw the real Gates of Paradise by Ghiberti. They were seperated... which through me off a little... I always imagined they would still be together as 2 doors. It was sweet though.
Wednesday: Roma!
--Basilica degli Angeli (designed by Michelangelo).
--Colosseum.
--Trevi Fountain twice (by day & by night).
--And a personal favorite, the Four Fountains.
--oh, and Santa Maria della Vittoria! I got in just as they were closing. It was a goal of mine to see "The Ecstasy of St. Teresa" by Bernini. It was AMAZINGLY beautiful. ahhh. so happy.
Thursday: still in Roma.
--Pantheon.
--Santa Maria sopra Minerva (where Fra Angelico's tomb is).
--Bernini's elephant with the Egyptian obelisk.
--Santa Maria Maggiore (where Bernini's tomb is).
Friday: went back home. rested.
Saturday:
--Ferragamo museum. For a shoe lover like me... amazing! took sooo many pictures. wished I was rich, again.
Sunday:
-- Chiesa Santissima Annunziata. Went there on a whim; sooo glad I did. There was a string quartet playing inside, and then a Mass or something Catholic-y started. I loved the singing. I donàt understand any of it (aside from the obvious- being in Italian), like the thing they swing back and forth with the smoke. But it was beautiful. Lucky timing, I am def. going back. the church is gorgeous as well; my favorite in Firenze.
I am trying to upload picures of everything to facebook but the internet is not being agreeable right now. Also in Roma I stayed with an Alpha Phi and we had a good time! I did other stuff too but... oh well. I feel very accomplished right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment