I am having a frustrating day.
Another snowstorm, when the snow had just melted.
(that's not the main frustration, but a big one.)
no one likes to read a complaining post,
and I don't want to do one anyway.
ummm so so..........
WELL, I got paid a big compliment today.
Let set this up for you:
So, my museum studies class is curating a show for next month. It's exciting but the problem is, there are 15 people in the class, and the vast majority are theatre majors and have absolutely no idea what they are doing.... I do. They do not listen to what I have to say, either... which is the worst part. It's so hard when you are the only one who has any experience in a room full of people who've never done it before and just won't listen to you. Don't get me started on the collective taste in art of the class.
So anyway, the professor asked me to stay next time to help with the selection "because I have experience." Maybe it's not a compliment, she just wants someone with a little knowledge to help this unwieldy process... but I took it as such. It made me feel really good.
Another snowstorm, when the snow had just melted.
(that's not the main frustration, but a big one.)
no one likes to read a complaining post,
and I don't want to do one anyway.
ummm so so..........
WELL, I got paid a big compliment today.
Let set this up for you:
So, my museum studies class is curating a show for next month. It's exciting but the problem is, there are 15 people in the class, and the vast majority are theatre majors and have absolutely no idea what they are doing.... I do. They do not listen to what I have to say, either... which is the worst part. It's so hard when you are the only one who has any experience in a room full of people who've never done it before and just won't listen to you. Don't get me started on the collective taste in art of the class.
So anyway, the professor asked me to stay next time to help with the selection "because I have experience." Maybe it's not a compliment, she just wants someone with a little knowledge to help this unwieldy process... but I took it as such. It made me feel really good.

No comments:
Post a Comment